Sunday, April 10, 2011

TARDIS

Felt applique and embroidery on organza

So this is the first piece I started but not the first I finished as I generally have at least three hoops going at once in addition to sewing the flannel monsters (check out my monster blog for pics and links to my online store http://flannelmonsters.blogspot.com/).  This should put any doubts about how truly nerdy I am to rest.  Dr. Who is one of my favorite shows (although I have NOT at this time accepted the departure of David Tennant and refuse to watch new episodes. . . maybe later. . . just not yet *tear*)  I was originally going to do this piece completely in embroidery floss but the satin stitching with different shades of blue was looking way too busy.  The felt turned out quite nicely, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment