Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What if we aren't parked on a hill?


10” hoop
embroidery floss on flannel
Here’s the latest addition to thehoop gallery. It’s my own artwork ( It was one of those late night inspirations that I had to get down on paper as I was falling asleep)  I had no idea it would take as long as it did.  I’d say I put a good three weeks into this one. There were a lot of details to fidget with and it was my first design that included people (always a bit tricky to get the proportions and details right)
 It was hard to get a good picture since without the flash the colors look washed out and with the flash there’s some funky glare going on.  I’ll take a picture in natural light as soon as we get some (we’re in the midst of some seriously stubborn rainy weather here).  I was just so excited to get it done that I had to post it ASAP!
… and now on to the next hoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment